10/12/09 Update: The raffle is going great, we've sold a lot of tickets but still have more to sell. New prizes thanks to River Roots!
On the morning of July 9th, 2009, Matt Thomas overshot a jump while mountain biking in Southern Oregon and dislocated his C6 and C7 vertebrae. When he woke up from the accident he was paralyzed from the chest down. Matt had emergency surgery in Medford Oregon, where he is currently recovering.
Besides being an active outdoorsman, Matt worked as a civil engineer and was recently laid off, and had no insurance when the accident happened. Enjoy the possibility of winning some of the finest paddling gear available. While you are at it consider making a donation to help Matt's recovery.
The raffle drawing will take place on Tuesday, December 15th.
1. Jackson Kayak of choice, recreational boats included.
2. Emotion Kayak of choice. Donated by Emotion Kayaks.
3. Kokatat Gore-Tex Rogue Drytop, size and color of choice. Donated by Kokatat Watersports Wear.
4. Sawyer kayak paddle of choice. Donated by Sawyer Paddles & Oars.
5. Lightning Rodeo paddle. Carbon, bent shaft, 200cm. Donated by Darin McQuoid.
6. Kokatat Ronin PFD, size and color of choice. Donated by Kokatat Watersports Wear.
7. Xofficio Women's Package (Size Medium): Women's Pointelle Scoop Tee & Women's Traveler Cap-sleeve Shirt. Donated by Xofficio.
8. Xofficio Men's Package (Size Large): Men's ExO Dri Tee & Men's Trip'r Long-sleeve Shirt. Donated by Xofficio.
9. WRSI Helmet of choice. Donated by WRSI Safety.
10. WRSI Rescue Bag. Donated by WRSI Safety.
11. RivrStyx paddle of choice. Donated and made by Jim Snyder.
12. Five copies of Africa Revolutions Tour donated by River Roots.
If you have any questions please email me.